March 9, 2011

The Cookbook for Charlton <-- sound familiar?

I was approached a couple of weeks ago to assist the Charlton Community to do something like the Marysville Cookbook for Charlton in Victoria, one of the many towns affected by the Victorian Floods.

This time I'm only compiling the book,and will be passing the book onto the Charlton Recovery Committee for them to publish and distribute.

One town, one book, $3480 raised for Marysville, Now make that two books, two towns with a gift from one town to another.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I read yr tweet about wanting photos.
    Have you tried the state library of Victoria?
    They have many historical photos in their archives, and can be accessed by making an appt.
    There is a fee for the scanning of images though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam
    No I haven't tried the State Library - Thanks for pointing out such a resource.

    I had no idea - will have to investigate - not particularly fond of the 'big smoke' but I'll see what I can organise

    thanks again!
    H

    ReplyDelete