September 21, 2011

The ONLY AUSTRALIAN Finalist in the Lenovo 10Second Hero Competition

As the only Australian Finalist in the Lenovo 10 Second Hero Competition, I am rather nervous. Originally I was the ONLY Australian from 24 world-wide, it would appear there has been a further cull and only 18 entrants have made the final cut, with an extra added from Australia, the ONLY Country to have this occur.

You can view the entrants (as well as my entry) at The Lenovo 10 Second Hero Voting Please note that Flash and Chrome appear to be problematic, so perhaps wait until you can access via a different platform before accessing.

Voting can be done daily until voting closes.

You can read the story of the Marysville Cookbook and it’s origins after the Black Saturday Bushfires here The Story of the Marysville Cookbook and its Origins The Marysville Cookbook was a simple idea, something that I could do from my heart for my home town, the place I grew up and where my parents still live.

There was never any intention of selling the cookbook. But public demand saw otherwise, that’s when I realised I could turn a gift into something bigger and perhaps more helpful for the township of Marysville and surrounding areas. $10 from each and every sale was returned back to Marysville, so far raising $4300 for the town via numerous community groups that you can read about here:- The Money donated and to whom! The Marysville Saddle Tramps are next on the recipient list and only 1 book away from receiving their $200 (as at this post date!)

If you would like to read about how I became the ONLY Australian Entrant in the Lenovo 10 Second Here Competition, here is the blog post. How I became a finalist in the Lenovo 10 Second Hero Competition

Marysville will rebuild and Marysville will regain it beauty slowly but surely, just like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon.






Where there is hope, there is love
Where there is love, there is life
Where there is life, there is Marysville







Thank-you everyone for the support both past and present, without you, this would not be possible






You can also find me on facebook at Marysville Cookbook on Facebook!





My phone number is 0439 544 six two two (Heather)

3 comments:

  1. stop making a hero of yourself. big deal anyone can copy and publish cookbook with someone else's recipes.get off you make me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eloi -

    YOU tosser.......... Don't think I don't know who you are - now bugger off with your sick little comments - until YOU DO something other than harrass people - you are a little tossing weed :) Enjoy your little life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather I am shocked that this troll is staking you.
    You are doing a wonderful job.
    I admire you.

    LR XXX

    ReplyDelete